I'm a morning person,
cheerful as the sun opens the day.
"It's the early bird that gets the worm," they say.
I suppose it's true; I get a smiling wiggle worm.
Like a Cheshire cat
Her grin reaches from ear to ear
With a glimmer in her eyes as she looks up at me
"Good morning!" I sing
Her face lit with another half moon
With diapers to wash, milk to pump, and breakfast to prepare
What is it you like about those early hours? you ask
Morning smiles from my sweet little girl
cheerful as the sun opens the day.
"It's the early bird that gets the worm," they say.
I suppose it's true; I get a smiling wiggle worm.
Like a Cheshire cat
Her grin reaches from ear to ear
With a glimmer in her eyes as she looks up at me
"Good morning!" I sing
Her face lit with another half moon
With diapers to wash, milk to pump, and breakfast to prepare
What is it you like about those early hours? you ask
Morning smiles from my sweet little girl
Beautiful little girl. I love her smile and your story.
ReplyDeleteI love that smile!
ReplyDelete