Monday, July 31, 2017

Llacanora

This weekend Iris and I went on an excursion with her abuelo and tio to the quaint village of Llacanora, only about 15 minutes from where we live.  Only about 1 km from the pueblo are two waterfalls.  Because this is the dry season, they didn't have much water, but the short hike itself was lovely.   Iris also enjoyed eating one of her favourite foods that her abuelo treated her to -- guinea pig.  (She makes a much better Cajamarcan than me, as that is a typical food of this region, and I have no desire to eat it.)






All tuckered out but loving the flowers 

relaxing and observing the sheep 

devouring guinea pig



3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful update and I love the photos. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and happy to hear you are having some fun. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete