Thursday, October 23, 2014

What Igor said...

     It's been a rather relaxed day, as some of my English lessons were canceled as were two of Igor's 3 classes :)
     As we were going about cleaning up after lunch, Igor was washing the dishes and I was washing the table, counters and sweeping the floor, when I saw a pile of light brown powder on the floor next to our couch.  "What's this?" I called across the dining room and through the open doorway to Igor.        "What?" he asked peeking around the corner.
   "This!" I replied, pointing to small pile, with a sneaking suspicion that he had spilled a spoonful of barley powder, but then again, the powder was in an absurd place.  His eyes growing wider by the second, he came over to exam the pile with me and we determined that there must have been some sort of destructive wood-eating insect that got into the leg of the couch.  While I plotted ways to kill the critter, Igor returned to his dishes, vexed and grumbling against it.
     "What a horrible, ugly insect!" he exclaimed, while I muttered that we hadn't actually seen it and wondered how he could be certain that the vandal was an ugly insect.  Then he continued, "It is a nervous creature--eating and eating and eating."
     Then with the sound of water falling from the faucet, I poured some cleaning detergent into the hole finished sweeping and went to correct some papers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment