Sunday, October 26, 2014

You are what you eat

It is said that you are what you eat.  Here in Peru, they say, "Life is in the food/eating" depending upon how you wish to translate the phrase.  Well, I'm not sure what that says about Igor, but here's what the fridge looks like when he stocks it:

(Not all can be seen or is worth mentioning but let's just say there are 24 eggs, 
18 bananas, 7 tomatoes, strawberry jelly, two litres of purple corn juice, 
several packets of algarrboina. 2.25 pounds of cheese, 3 carrots, 
some spinach, a litre of milk, 17 large purple olives and half a pound of shredded coconut.)  

This is what I found after he called to me from the kitchen, "I know you're not going to be happy with me, but I think it looks great!"  "What?" I asked myself.  Then I saw what he meant.  "If you eat all that, it's fine with me," I replied.  To which he responded, "Of course.  It isn't that much.  Besides life's in the food." 

No comments:

Post a Comment